From the April 2006 Idaho Observer:

Chief witness in Hinkson persecution officially discredited, dishonored

Former Marine expelled for life from the Marine Corps League

Many of our readers will remember the case of Dave Hinkson, the brilliant owner of the colloidal minerals company Water Oz of Grangeville who has the distinction of being one of the most set-up and sold-out anti-bad government activists of all time. In previous editions of The IO we have detailed the elaborate scheme which IRS agent Stephen Hines and Federal Prosecutor Nancy Cook—two people whom Hinkson was successfully suing for prosecutorial misconduct—concocted to charge, persecute, convict and sentence Hinkson for crimes the evidence proves never happened. Among other charges such as "structuring" his business so that his employees could decide whether or not to pay "income taxes," Hinkson was convicted of conspiring to have Cook and Hines murdered. The chief witness against Hinkson was Joe Swisher. We are hopeful that the story below will cast a dark enough shadow on the credibility of this pathological liar so that it will result in an overturning of Hinkson’s wrongful conviction and the granting of a new trial—if the government is willing to refile charges in the absence of witnesses willing to perjure themselves.


April 17, 2006—Former Marine PFC Elvin Joseph Swisher, 68, of Cottonwood, Idaho, was officially expelled from the Marine Corps League (MCL) and notified by Vic Voltaggio, National Judge Advocate, on April 8, 2006. The National Hearing Board of the League held a lengthy hearing in Lewiston, Idaho, at the Red Lion Hotel, on April 1, 2006. The Hearing Board was convened by order of National Commandant Frank Kish. The Executive Sessions lasted over 11 hours.

Two-hundred pages of documents were reported to have been gathered in an investigation prior to the hearing. This was the first hearing in 12 years by the National Marine Corps League. Members conducting the hearing, Chairman Paul Hastings, Helen Hicks, Barry Georgopulous and Vic Voltaggio, flew in from eastern cities (Washington D.C., Florida and Pennsylvania). Numerous other former U.S. Marines from various locations attended.

Findings of the Board affirmed to Mr. Swisher: (1) "You have submitted for the record documents (DD214) found … to be a fraudulent … per the National Personnel Records Section, St. Louis, Missouri – Verdict: Guilty;" (2) "You did adorn Department of Defense Ribbons and Medals of which you were not awarded … Verdict: Guilty."

By a unanimous vote of the Hearing Board according to the MCL Administrative Procedures they declared that Mr. Swisher be "EXPELLED from the Marine Corps League for Life."

National Personnel Records Center verified that Swisher was a fraud. PFC Swisher claims he took part in a "special expedition" after the armistice was signed with Korea although previously Swisher had widely proclaimed that he had been a combatant in the Korean conflict and had earned these awards. The purpose, he stated, was to free American prisoners of war (POWs). The operation was "highly secret, classified," he said. But upon investigation by the National Personnel Record Center, there was no evidence Swisher was involved in any classified operation. USMC Chief Warrant Officer Miller provided an affidavit which proved there were no secret or classified missions by the U.S. Marines after the Armistice. Swisher’s documents were altered (forged) according to the Record Center. Retired Marine Colonel Woodring, who was a captain at the time, confirmed that his signature on Swisher’s DD214 was a forgery. Woodring had no authority to sign discharge documents.

Since Swisher would have been age 16 when the Armistice was signed in 1953, Swisher’s story was modified. He said he was selected for a special expeditionary force. Truth is, he was never in any combat situations. Because of his "heroism" under fire, having been wounded from a grenade etc., he maintained claim to "The Silver Star Medal," "Purple Heart Medal," "The Navy & Marine Commendation Medal with Gold Star" and other medals and ribbons. However, according to the Personnel Record Center, Swisher is not entitled to any decorations. What is more, "The Commendation Medal" didn’t even exist when Swisher claimed he had received it.

Swisher served in the Marine Corps on active duty from 1954 to 1957. He was stationed at Camp Fuji (Japan) from March 4, 1955 until May 6, 1956. He had been demoted from corporal to PFC as a result of one of his three court martials. He was in an auto accident in the State of Washington, thus giving rise to his injuries.

Because of his claim of past "heroic" performance, he endeared himself to other Marines who held him in high honor. He was elected as the Sergeant Major Linehan Detachment Commandant and was assisted by other well-meaning members of the Detachment in getting "deserved benefits." Once his fraudulent papers were in order, Swisher managed to obtain, at taxpayers’ expense–not only open heart surgery but–$30,000.00 back pay. Also the taxpayers are paying for his ongoing income stream of $2,500.00 per month.

Home - Current Edition
Advertising Rate Sheet
About the Idaho Observer
Some recent articles
Some older articles
Why we're here
Our Writers
Corrections and Clarifications

Hari Heath

Vaccination Liberation -

The Idaho Observer
P.O. Box 457
Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869
Phone: 208-255-2307