From the April 2006 Idaho Observer:
Part II: The health implications of playing with Big Brother’s most cool tool
You may as well know up front that what you are about to read is possibly the worst news you will ever receive. It goes quite beyond our ordinary concerns about the state of our nation and Bush administration admissions that the war on terror could last a long time. The article to follow connects 125 referenced dots to advance a disturbing hypothesis: "The wireless age is shortening our lives and endangering the planet."
Governments cannot claim ignorance to the effects of radiation. Declassified documents have been compiled into extensive reports showing that humans have been experimentally-exposed to all types and levels of radiation for decades—in every possible way they can be exposed. Radiation exposures over time lead to physical and mental sickness, genetic damage, birth defects and death. Knowing this, Congress was persuaded to pass the Telecommunications Act of 1996 to kick start the wireless age. And, just a decade later, our people are constantly exposed to radiation through a variety of wireless ways. The pervasive effects, now being noticed by a few, will soon be impossible for the many to ignore.
by Amy Worthington
First, a quick review.
In part one of this series, we documented how the USA of George W. Bush has morphed into a fascist (public-private collaborative) police state under the guise of "national security" and "war on terror." While our ruling serial killers have never been brought to justice for their 9/11 atrocities, civilian and military snoopers now read our mail, listen to our phone calls, sniff around our Internet activities and monitor our financial transactions. They use national security letters and computer data mining to track our activities and assess our every motive and intention. But this is only the beginning.
Big Brother’s most cool tool—wireless and radio frequency identification (RFID) technologies—now enable our controllers to far surpass the Orwellian vision of 1984. Four main pillars of the totalitarian master plan are:
¨ a national identification system linking all humans to electronic cards, tags or subdermal chips containing personal ID numbers and biometric data
¨ a central data base containing sperm-to-worm information on each numbered citizen
¨ a wireless tracking system capable of instantly deciphering the location of any human encumbered with an electronic ID device
¨ a nationwide wireless (WiFi) network of surveillance cameras linked with internet systems allowing police command centers to watch everything that moves
The surveillance juggernaut
The Homeland Security Act of 2002 produced the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) by merging 22 federal agencies into a gigantic intelligence octopus with the primary goal of spying on the American people. DHS is the creature’s center. State and local agencies, lubricated with Homeland Security grants, are being absorbed through the fiscal tentacles of this paranoid monster. This federal-state-local juggernaut is implementing the master plan at break-neck speed. Hundreds of thousands of surveillance cameras—many satellite enabled—are being purchased with DHS money and mounted everywhere across the nation. From 80 conspicuous cameras in remote Dillingham, Alaska, keeping tabs on 2,400 villagers,1 to the massive IP and mobile camera networks stalking denizens of Los Angeles,2 the bizarre DHS security apparatus is constructing a surveillance grid capable of watching 300 million citizen "outmates" who simply can’t be trusted to live without Big Brother’s close supervision.
The Intelligence Reform Act of 2004 and the Real ID Act of 2005 established an ominous national ID system, forcing all states to standardize biometric-laden birth certificates, drivers licenses and other ID cards. By 2008, personal data from these mandatory identifiers will be duly flowing into the Fuhrer’s central database.
Just as it has come to power over all law enforcement agencies with its directives and funding hooks, DHS is now feverishly regimenting the U.S. medical establishment to collect and forward all health data to Information Central. The medical history of every citizen’s private parts will soon be efficiently forwarded from the examination table directly to Big Brother’s electronic health records database. Chief executive officer for eHealth Initiative, Janet Marchibroda, confirms that national standards and policies are being developed for "connectivity"3 no matter where in the U.S. a citizen might receive his hemorrhoid or herpes diagnosis and treatment. Centralized medical surveillance will certainly leave no citizen un-whacked when Homeland Needle Nazis unleash their stash of disabling, compulsory lipid-laced vaccines during a "national emergency."
DHS and dozens of medical facilities across the nation now encourage the use of various types of RFID microchips, which can be implanted under the skin. At least 68 hospitals and medical facilities are already using Applied Digital Solution’s VeriChip, recently approved by FDA for human implantation.4 Each VeriChip, implanted under a patient’s skin between the elbow and shoulder, contains a 16-digit identification number, readable by a chip scanner blasting kilohertz radio frequency. Meantime, DHS has announced its quest for powerful new reader technology that could obtain information from ID microchips attached to either a human or a vehicle, even if the human is 25 feet away; even if the vehicle is moving at 55 miles per hour.5
The Digital Angel tracking chip is an active, self-powered tracking device, also developed for implantation under human skin. Produced by Digital Angel Corp, a subsidiary of Applied Digital, this wireless monstrosity is capable of sending and receiving data packets of information at long distances through both ground stations and GPS satellites. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, homeless and mentally ill people wandering the streets of New York City, San Francisco, Washington and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania have already been implanted with dangerous RFID tracking devices. Police and social workers, armed with handheld computers that receive radio signals from the implants, can monitor their every move.6 We assume that eventually all cities and states will participate in this horrific experimental program, which so cruelly exploits those least able to endure the devastating health effects of round-the-clock RF radiation.
Many federal workers, including DHS employees and contractors, now carry biometric ID cards which use radio frequencies to communicate wirelessly with central tracking computers.7 Eventually, all federal and state employees will carry such devices. The House of Representative is seeking technology to track 13,500 House members and staff using microwave-readable tags. These active badges will continuously transmit microwave signals, enabling readers to obtain information through clothing and briefcases up to 100 feet away.8 Sweet justice will be the day the most corrupt congresspeople in history have no place to hide from the totalitarian police state they have so zealously created.
Public school children are also in the crosshairs for tagging. A number of corporations nurtured by DHS are pushing RFID systems for schools. One such company is InCom Corporation, which last year tagged kids in a California, grade school without parental consent.9 Kids wearing RFID badges will be continually scanned throughout the school day and will become acclimated to having their every move contemplated by a central authority. An Orwellian nation would definitely want to imprint its children with the dehumanizing mindsets of radio-tracking.
Our world a microwave oven
As documented here, wireless devices and networks are the very bedrock of Police State USA. The Gestapo’s burgeoning wireless infrastructure consists of tens of thousands of gargantuan communications towers, hundreds of thousands of very small WiFi transmitters and an ever growing network of tiny bucket sensors being systematically mounted in and on nearly everything in our environment. All of these transmitters or transceivers generate radio frequency/microwave radiation in kilohertz, megahertz or gigahertz frequencies. With thousands of commercial and military satellites blasting additional microwaves at the earth, humanity now swims in a tasteless, odorless, invisible dense sea of toxic electromagnetic, cancer-causing, brain altering frequencies that are nearly impossible for laymen to assess and monitor.
Both our polar ice caps are rapidly melting and our winters are growing more dangerously warm every year.10 Our world is water based. Microwaves agitate and heat water molecules. The U.S. military will soon increase to 180 the number of HAARP transmitters used to actually boil the ionosphere—the electrically charged layer just above the Earth’s atmosphere.11 Tons of metallic salt particles, including barium, have been dumped into the atmosphere by chemtrail projects for the last 8 years.12 Barium heats and dries the atmosphere, inducing drought. If the military uses chemtrail particles to augment over-the horizon radar technology,13 would not these aerosols also be useful for augmenting commercial and police state communications? It is surely no coincidence that the lunatic HAARP project, pestilential chemtrails, the explosion of wireless technology and runaway global warming have all burst onto the scene simultaneously—within the last 15 years. Our planet and its atmosphere have become a gigantic microwave oven, while greenhouse gases keep the fire burning.
Experts say RF/microwave earth transmitters are increasing at a rate of 15 percent per year. And there is no end to the dictators’ plans for adding more. How can we calculate the additional electromagnetic smog to be added by the Department of Transportation’s plan to have auto makers install onboard tracking units on every new car beginning in 2010? Radio waves blasting from 57 million autos by 2015 will automatically transmit tracking information to Brother’s voracious transportation computers.14 Just how far totalitarian planners are taking the tracking business is revealed by Intel’s Research Laboratory in Seattle, which advises that both commercial and government entities will one day pinpoint our location and movements with the help of ubiquitous, microwave-blasting beacons able to decipher our cell phone numbers from a distance. Watchers will then infer what we are doing and buying (and thinking?) based on our location.15
Kilohertz, megahertz and gigahertz are among the most dangerous radiation frequencies known to man. Neither medicine nor industry has ever established a demonstrably "safe" human exposure level for this man-made, modulated, pulsing radiation. There are, however, thousands of studies proving that these emanations are deadly to all living creatures and their biospheres.
It is the purpose of this article to document the terrible health ramifications of our ever–increasing exposure to commercial and police state radiation. Medical and empirical evidence indicates that we are becoming energetically weak, intellectually impaired and chronically ill from insidious RF waves we can neither see, touch, smell nor taste. Clueless Americans who allow themselves to be implanted with identification and tracking chips will suffer most grievously. Millions, already physically and emotionally addicted to microwave-spewing cell phones, laptops, personal data gadgets and entertainment devices which they cuddle to their brains and bodies, will have little moral or philosophical aversion to being chipped. But for the more discriminating, we are reviewing here crucial research data, which, if taken seriously, may save lives and stiffen resolve to reject the fascist subdermal tracking system—no matter what the cost.
Our baseline study:
The U.S. embassy in Moscow
We begin with the Soviet microwave attack against the U.S. embassy in Moscow, Russia. That tragic episode is a crucial study for understanding the effects of radio frequency/microwave on the human body. Beginning in 1953 and continuing into the 1970s, the Russian Soviets used microwave radiation to sicken and stupefy our embassy staff. Two consecutive U.S. ambassadors died of cancer and a third developed a leukemia-like blood disease and bleeding eyes. At least 16 women in the embassy group developed breast cancer. Breast, eye and testicle tissues are the most sensitive to radiation. Many staffers also suffered immune system disorders, high white blood cell counts, chromosomal breaks, chronic fatigue, blurred vision, cataracts and muscle aches. Such conditions are known collectively as Microwave Syndrome.16
U.S. officials knew about the Soviet assault from the beginning but they did not warn embassy staff for 10 years because, like the Soviets, the CIA was interested in studying the effects of irradiation on the human body.17 While monitoring the Soviet project, the CIA launched Project Pandora and nefarious parallel projects like TUMS, MUTS and BAZAR, some of which involved the military. These intrepid devil-doers documented the horrible effects of radio frequency/microwave radiation on both animal and human subjects.
¨ They learned that the worst after-effects become evident long after exposure—sometimes a decade or more.18
¨ They discovered that exposed people and animals and their offspring show a drastic decline in intelligence.19
¨ They learned that microwave creates effective weaponry, resulting in the grotesque RF "poppers" currently being used against the Iraqi people,20 and the deadly 95-gigahertz active denial systems prepared for both the military and domestic law enforcement.21
Fedgov absolutely knows from the Moscow data and from its own 50 years of research that microwave radiation emitted by America’s wireless communications and surveillance networks will eventually make all of us ill, and many of us prematurely dead. What millions of wireless-worshiping Americans don’t know is this:
1. The Russians targeted the Moscow embassy staff with 2.4 gigahertz microwave—the same frequency blasting out of the wireless cell phones, in-house cordless phones, wireless computers and WLAN systems now irradiating the bodies, homes, work places and schools across America. Some phones are excreting 5.8 gigahertz—which is even more deadly than 2.4 gigaherz.
2. The Russians mainly used a power density of only +5 microwatts per cubic centimeter (cm2) which they aimed at the west facade of the embassy building. Most of the people inside the building received about 1/50 of that amount or .1 microwatts per cm2. The Federal Communications Commission has set an ambient microwave exposure "safety" limit of 580 microwatts per cm2, which enables government and industry to irradiate us with over 100 times the power density used against the Moscow embassy officers and staff.
3. The Russians beamed microwaves at the embassy only nine hours a day, unlike cell tower and roof top transmitters and WLAN systems which blast megahertz and gigahertz into American homes, neighborhoods and offices 24 hours a day.22
Our deadly exposure standards
The Russians well understand that a tiny bit of microwave can cause serious health problems and death. Russian microwave standards for public exposure are 100 times more stringent than those in the U.S. The Chinese standards are even more stringent. Austria allows public exposure of only .1 microwatt per cm.2 Contrast that to Great Britain’s genocidal standards which permit a whopping 5,800 microwatts per cm2. This is most convenient for Tony Blair’s rabid surveillance police state, outpacing even our own in repression and scope with its deadly TETRA police communications radiation.23
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which permits such lenient radiation exposure from most U.S. transmitting sources, is a cheering squad for the telecommunications and broadcasting industries it is supposed to regulate. The Center for Public Integrity found that FCC officials are bribed by the industry with such perks as expensive trips to Las Vegas.24 FCC standards are based on the obsolete theory that the only risk from RF/microwave exposure is excessive heating of tissues (thermal effects). Yet there are so many documented and dangerous non-thermal effects that even the EPA has said it is time to consider non–thermal effects in updated standards. The FCC admits that its standards are based upon recommendations of organizations loaded with industry and military lobbyists—most of whom would obviously prefer NO restrictions whatever on the use of RF/microwave radiation.25 The FCC’s exposure limits are so high that no matter how much Fedgov and industry adds to our radiation burden, it will always be "within standards."
Ditto for the FCC’s cell phone SAR guidelines. SAR quantifies radiation absorbed by the brain. SAR standards were calculated by using dummies with sugar water in their fake heads.26 A news segment on the TV news magazine 20/20 demonstrated that cell phones often exceed the grossly dangerous SAR ratings listed on their labels anyway. 27 Swedish studies show rat brain damage at SAR levels 800 times lower than those allowable under FCC standards.28
The FCC has neither money nor manpower to monitor wireless installations across the nation for compliance with its obsolete standards. It admits that "physical testing to verify compliance" is relatively rare.29 Nor does the FCC do an adequate job of requiring industry to monitor itself. The FCC says that many wireless facilities are UNLIKELY to cause human exposures in excess of RF exposure guidelines, so operators of those facilities are exempt from routine compliance testing. FCC is so unconcerned about public RF/microwave exposure that if an applicant desires to emit radiation in excess of FCC standards, they just file environmental assessment paperwork.30
Transmitter emissions levels are based merely on computer models done by industry at the time of application. What the actual emissions really are from America’s microwave towers and roof top antennas—no one knows. But we have important clues from radiation expert Dr. Bill Curry, a brilliant and published scientist who honed his expertise working as an engineer for Argonne and Livermore labs. Working as a private consultant, Dr. Curry has traveled the nation to monitor homes and neighborhoods where people are now grossly sick from microwave transmitters. In 2000, Curry reported finding homes near cell towers with ambient radiation measuring as high as 65 to 70 microwatts per cubic centimeter.31 People living in them were very ill. Some left their homes and slept in their cars to obtain some relief. The situation across the nation must be considerably worse today.
The wireless buildout
In the 1990s, industry and government began constructing a national wireless communications infrastructure capable of supporting a surveillance police state. But citizens, with the help of their local governments, were effectively foiling Big Brother’s long-range plans by resisting the siting of cell towers in their neighborhoods on grounds that microwave emissions were harmful. So the telecom lobby and its mascot, Senator John McCain, railroaded the Telecommunications Act of 1996 through Congress. Section 704(II)(B)(iv) of the act states, "No State or local government....may regulate the placement, construction, and modification of personal wireless service facilities on the basis of the environmental effects of radio frequency emissions to the extent that such facilities comply with the Commission’s regulations concerning such emissions."
This act makes it virtually impossible for citizens and local governments to block the siting of cell towers, giving government and industry absolute, unchallenged power to erect its surveillance state in blatant disregard for known health and environmental consequences.
Intelligent people are concerned. For example, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) does not want wireless transmitters placed on fire department facilities. The IAFF says that wireless transmitters blasting away 24 hours a day could endanger the lives of firefighters, thanks to the obsolete FCC regulations.32 A large group of scientists and engineers, including the Communications Workers of America, filed suit in 1990s. They were hoping to have the Supreme Court review both the FCC’s outdated exposure guidelines and the legality of preventing state/local governments from considering health/environmental hazards of wireless transmitters. In 2001, the Supreme Court refused to hear the case.33 So the group petitioned the FCC to employ the newest scientific studies and bring its exposure guidelines into the 21st century.34 The FCC naturally thumbed its nose at the suggestion.35 Three congressional bills have been introduced in Congress since 2001, proposing to update exposure guidelines. These bills have gone nowhere with the most corrupt Congress in history. So Police State USA presses on into a wireless radiation free-for-all, with zero accountability.
Ambient radiation levels and the frenetic use of personal wireless devices are steadily increasing. As a result, millions of Americans now suffer from "Microwave Syndrome." The parameters of this sickness are described in the Freiburger Appeal, a document signed by over 2000 German medical doctors.36 The document describes microwave sickness as incurred by the German people from their wireless transmitters, mobile phones and digital cordless household phones. The doctors say they are observing a "dramatic rise in severe and chronic diseases," especially:
¨ Cancerous conditions, including leukemia and brain tumors
¨ Learning, concentration and behavioral disorders (including ADD)
¨ Extreme fluctuations in blood pressure, not controllable by medication
¨ Heart rhythm disorders
¨ Heart attacks and strokes among very young people
¨ Degenerative brain disorders and epilepsy
¨ Ear nerve damage and tinnitus
¨ Immune system inadequacy and susceptibility to infection
¨ Nervous and connective tissue pain for which there is no explanation
¨ Chronic exhaustion, severe headaches, nervousness and sleep disorders
When five French scientists recently conducted a survey study of hundreds of French people living near microwave transmitters, they documented the same symptoms, including nausea, fatigue, memory problems and cardiovascular symptoms.37
Two thirds of Americans are declared overweight. Obesity and low metabolism, epidemic across the nation, are hallmark signs of thyroid malfunction. Microwave radiation to the brain is proven to slow or halt the pineal gland’s production of the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), thereby drastically reducing production of the vital T4 and T3 thyroid hormones.38 Meters show that wireless phones often "leak" radiation from the mouthpiece, which flows directly into radiation-sensitive tissues in the neck and thyroid gland.
The cancer issue
A most tragic manifestation of radiation sickness is cancers and leukemia. We now have a glimpse of what the wireless revolution means in terms of future U.S. cancer rates. Last year, there were 30,000 cases of brain and eye tumors—as a direct result of cell phone use—reported to the Mobile Telephone Health Concerns Registry, which tracks and counts information volunteered from citizens across the country.39 This registry is currently directed by Dr. George Carlo, who was chief scientist for the Telecom industry when it conducted its six-year wireless radiation studies in the 1990s in order to prove the "safety" of cell phones. After the industry’s studies revealed cell phone use was the opposite of safe, it went into "spin" mode, apparently determined to lie and deny as long as possible. The industry’s disingenuous but lucrative stance is found in the words of Joe Farren, director of public affairs for the CTIA—The Wireless Association, who stated, "The science to date shows there is not a health risk associated with the use of any wireless device."40
Dr. Carlo wrote an expose documenting both the shocking data and the political hanky panky that still keeps consumers in the dark on the life-threatening hazards of wireless phones.41 He estimated that, in 2006, there will be 50-75,000 new cell phone tumors reported and by 2010, an estimated 300,000-500,000 cases, as a new crop of microwave victims comes into full bloom.42 The latency period for developing cancer from cell phone microwave exposure is thought to be about 10 years.43 It is this tragic latency period which has long allowed corporate killers—those who profit handsomely by exposing people to depleted uranium, asbestos, tobacco and wireless technologies—to lay their eggs of death before victims understand what has happened to them.
Microwave radiation produces at least two mechanisms for the promotion of cancer: Micronuclei and heat shock proteins. The telecom industry’s own studies confirmed that cell phone radiation produces micronuclei in human blood cells at levels far below the U.S. government’s exposure guidelines.44 Micronuclei are broken fragments of DNA, indicating that cells can no longer properly repair themselves. All cancers are the result of genetic damage and the presence of micronuclei in living cells is a premier diagnostic marker for cancer. Doctors treating victims of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster used micronuclei testing to determine the extent of radiation damage.
University of Washington researchers funded by the U.S. military demonstrated that 2.4 gigahertz radiation increases the frequency of single-strand DNA breaks in the brain cells of live rats after only two hours of exposure at only 1/5th of the FCC’s so-called "safety" limits.45 In 2000, Dr. Joseph Roti Roti, a highly-credentialed scientist who received sizeable grants from Motorola, also confirmed formation of micronuclei at radiation levels far lower than those emitted by cell phones.46 By 2004, studies commissioned by the European Union confirmed that mobile phone microwaves damage DNA and such damage passes onto the next generation of cells.47 In late 2005, Chinese scientists found that low-level cell phone microwaves provoke significant increases in cell DNA damage.48
Because wireless phones cause hotspots in human tissue, the body produces heat shock proteins in an effort to protect and repair overheated cells.49 These proteins also protect cancer cells, making them resistant to treatment.50 Many tumors are found to be over-abundant in heat shock proteins. In 2002, Italian cancer researchers demonstrated that microwaves from mobile phones made leukemia cells in vitro replicate rapidly.51 British researcher Alisdair Phillips found that a few minutes exposure to cell phone-type radiation can transform a 5 percent active cancer into a 95 percent active cancer for the duration of the exposure and for a short time afterwards.52 British molecular toxicologist David de Pomerai confirmed that cells with unrepaired DNA damage are likely to be far more aggressively cancerous.53 In the U.S., where nearly half of us are expected to develop cancer in our lifetime, the last thing we need is microwave -spewing (and receiving) ID implants in our flesh.
In 2005, three separate European research groups showed a significant increased risk of brain tumors—both malignant and benign—in people who have used cell phones for 10 years or more.54 One of these studies suggests that the risk is greatest in people who begin using phones before they are 20 years old, since children absorb more radiation than adults.55 In March, 2006, the Swedish National Institute for Working Life turned even U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) heads when it confirmed that people who use mobile phones for 2,000 hours in their lifetimes have a 240 percent increased risk for malignant tumors on the side of the head where the phone is positioned.56 Workers across America, compelled to use cordless phones, extremely hot radios/walkie talkies or wireless blue tooth headsets throughout the work day, can achieve their 2,000 hours in roughly one year—which clearly explains why national brain cancer rates are steadily climbing.
In 2005, the National Academy of Sciences confirmed that even very low doses of ionizing radiation from X-rays and gamma rays over a lifetime cause cancer.57 The above-referenced RF/microwave studies confirm that non-ionizing radiation—flowing from wireless transmitters and wireless devices—inflict the SAME KIND of damage upon human cells as ionizing radiation, with the same cancerous results.
Conclusion: All people living in a radiation-intensive police state are at high risk for developing cancers that make rapid and lethal advancement. And that goes for Big Brother’s super-wired enforcement agents and bureaucratic heel-clickers.
Brain and central nervous system damage
Cell phone radiation causes profound damage to the entire nervous system. By 1977, researchers knew that very low levels of microwaves to the brain can quickly initiate a breaching of the blood-brain barrier.58 This happens when radiation causes albumin to leak from capillaries into surrounding brain tissue, causing neuronal damage. Harmful molecules in the blood, including pathogens, then enter the central nervous system with tragic results. In 1988, Swedish scientists began a series of animal studies to confirm that cell phone radiation opens the blood-brain barrier. They found that such leakage can occur after only two minutes of microwave exposure and at density levels of only 1/10,000 of a watt, thousands of times less than the radiation absorbed by a cell phone user’s brain.59 Scientists in Finland have found that mobile phone radiation can actually shrink brain cells, making them more permeable to leaking toxins.60
In 2003, British researchers demonstrated that cell phone radiation changes the shape of brain proteins, causing them to clump together and form pathological protein fibrils like those found in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease patients..61 That same year, Swedish scientists published a study on rat brains exposed to cell phone microwaves. They found that damage to nerve cells in the cortex, hippocampus (memory center) and basal ganglia was severe. Exposed rats had an astonishing number of dead neuron cells, actually suffering holes in their brains from the damage. The scientists concluded that, after some decades of daily use, cell phone users will suffer drastic negative brain effects, probably in middle age.62
In February, 2006, Chinese researchers announced that chronic exposure to GSM cell phone radiation reduces the synaptic activity in hippocampus neurons63 while French researchers found that abnormal proteins found in Alzheimer’s cases always deposit in the hippocampus first.64 This is why memory loss is one of the first indications of dementia and is a common side effect of wireless phone use.65 University of Washington studies showed that rats exposed to pulsed microwaves suffered damage to their long-term learning and memory centers.66 These rats became slow learners and handicapped at finding their way around their environment. The acetylcholine neurotransmitter necessary for numerous brain functions was reduced in exposed rat brains after only 45 minutes.67
Irradiated brain neurons die rapidly because nerve cells have a low capacity for DNA repair.68 University of Kentucky researchers were amazed to find that the autopsied brains of 89 cognitively normal elders had the same pathology found in Alzheimer’s victims’ brains including necrotic decay, amyloidal deposits and senile plaques. They surmised that these people functioned normally anyway because they had a large nervous system reserve that allowed them to function normally despite their pathological burdens.69 Cellphonites who rapidly kill their neurons with radiation will obviously not have that reserve in old age. The British medical journal The Lancet announced in December, 2005, that global Alzheimer’s rates are exploding.70
The Japanese are among the more "wired" people on earth. Ninety million Japanese cell-phone users play video games, download songs, read news and even watch TV on their cell phones. By 2001, Japanese doctors reported that a growing number of people in their 20s and 30s are suffering from severe memory loss and impaired judgment. "Young people today are becoming stupid," said a Japanese professor of neurobiology.71
They are not alone. A literacy study conducted in 2005 on 19,000 young Americans is sobering. Only one in three American college grads can read a complex book and extrapolate from it. The report concluded that an overwhelming majority of college students are unable to understand arguments in a newspaper editorial or to comprehend a simple comparison table.72 The report nevertheless pronounced these pathetically impaired students to be more "intelligent" than the average American adult. While commentators attribute this shocking state of functional decay to a literacy problem, it is more likely the sad fate of a generation that has recklessly irradiated itself for at least a decade. Have these young adults simply erased their intellectual hard drives?
Cell phone radiation causes deficiency in the motor function, memory and attention required to drive safely, according to insurance studies in England.73 An average driver talking on a cell phone is actually more impaired in function and reaction time than a drunk. Studies show radiation-impaired reaction time is actually 30 percent slower than alcohol impaired reactions.74 Drivers on phones are less able to maintain a constant speed and find it more difficult to keep a safe distance from the car in front.75 BBC news reported in 2005 that drivers are four times more likely to crash when on a mobile phone, even if they are using a hands free kit.76 Also in 2005, federal researchers reported that using a cell phone while driving is a major cause of traffic accidents and that hands free devices have little safety benefit.77 The University of Utah study showed teenagers on cell phones drive like elderly people. Put a 20 year old behind the wheel with a cell phone—even hands free—and his reaction times are the same as a 70 year old driver, say authors of the study.78 Older drivers on cell phones would likely be at very high risk.
Conclusion: All of us living in a radiation intensive police state are at risk for diminishing mental function and premature dementia, which means that we may end up just like the maniacs who got us into this mess.
Heart and circulatory damage
Microwave radiation is cardiogenic, ie., heart damaging. A medical consultant for Hughes Aircraft Corporation, who completed a report for the U.S. military on radar-exposed personnel, listed heart conditions as among the most serious ill-effects.79 Russian researchers noted that cell phone radiation causes "significant changes" in cardiovascular systems. They observed that microwave sickness begins with low blood pressure and slow pulse, then progresses to high blood pressure, culminating in blockage of coronary arteries and heart attack.80 In 1998, German scientists found that 35 minutes of cell phone radiation caused blood pressure in human test subjects to rise between 5-10 mm Hg, an increase reportedly high enough to cause a stroke in those at risk.81 Other researchers noted that blood pressure can also be dangerously reduced when cell/cordless phones irradiate certain brain areas that regulate blood pressure.82 Are you ready now to get that big old gigahertz cordless away from Gram and Gramps?
Medical specialists in London warned that cell phone radiation causes blood cells to leak hemoglobin, damaging both heart and kidney tissues.83 German scientists found that cell phone microwaves cause lymphocytes to clump together (hemaglutination).84 High school students in Germany recently blood tested 51 of their classmates before and after cell phone use. They showed that immediately after cell exposure, red blood cells clump together, a pathological condition causing blood to take up less oxygen while jamming in capillaries, increasing the risk of blood clots.85
People in England are now so radiation-damaged from their wireless infrastructure that many are sending their blood to be tested by German laboratories to find out how sick they really are. German doctors reported that the blood of a woman living by a cell tower looked like the blood of someone who had undergone chemotherapy.86 A British female doctor reports that she and her entire family became very ill when they connected a 2.4 gigahertz wireless router in their home to service computers and peripherals. Because the system irradiated the entire house, she and her children quickly developed headaches, chronic fatigue and flu-like symptoms. Her severe heart palpitations ended when the wireless router was turned off. 87
Conclusion: All of us living in a radiation-intensive police state are at high risk for heart, blood and circulatory problems, especially high blood pressure and stoke. Hey, you cops out there with your in-vehicle laptops and radar guns and wireless cameras—hope you’re having fun in your stroke-mobiles!
Genetic damage and birth defects
In the late 1990s, scientists confirmed that chick embryos exposed to cell phone radiation during their 21-day incubation period were five times less likely to survive than unexposed chicks.88 In 2000, Dr. Ross Adey researching at UC Riverside reported studies showing that pregnant rats exposed to Iridium cell phone radiation produced fetuses with significantly decreased brain activity compared to non-exposed fetuses.89
In 2002, the Associated Press reported that DNA and chromosomal damage caused by ionizing radiation and other radiation has profound ramifications for the offspring of people thus damaged.90 According to researchers at University of Leicester, United Kingdom radiation damage suffered by parents can be passed on to children and grandchildren.91 Researchers have long warned that mothers using a cell phone headset, causing her to place the phone near her abdomen during pregnancy, could expose the fetus to dangerous levels of microwave radiation which the fetus can readily absorb.92 In 2002, the French government warned teenagers to keep cell phones away from their developing sex organs.93
By 2004, researchers in Hungary found that men who carried a cell phone on their bodies—even on standby—had significantly lower sperm concentration. The motility of the sperm they did produce was reduced and sperm movements were abnormal. 94 Other researchers found that the use of laptop computers can impair male fertility when they heat men’s testicles. 95 In 2005, German researchers found significant alterations in gonad function of mice exposed to GSM cell phone radiation.96
University of Washington researchers documented reproductive changes in lab animals occurred at exposures 16,000 times less than the FCC’s SAR exposure guidelines.97 Thousands of young women working in retail companies and offices across the U.S. are now wearing on their bodies a variety of microwave-driven communications devices throughout their shifts. Many of these devices are worn in pockets or on waist bands, exposing their ovaries to microwave radiation. Thousands of these woman at any given time are unknowingly pregnant and exposing their fetuses to DNA damage. The crime is that neither industry nor regulating agencies are warning Americans about these dangers nor are they doing follow-up studies on women who have exposed their fetuses. When their children are born with defects and illness, parents have no way to prove that wireless radiation was the cause.
Scientists now suspect that there may be a correlation between autism and fetal or neonatal exposure to radio frequency radiation.98 One in six children suffers some neurological disability and the rate of autism has skyrocketed in the last decade.99 Dr. Ross Adey of the University of California Riverside showed that a pregnant rat’s exposure to cell phone radiation alters the activity of an enzyme in fetus brains, indicating stress.100
In 2005, researchers with the Environmental Working Group reported that unborn U.S babies are soaking in a uterine chemical stew, including mercury, gasoline by-products and pesticides. The group found an average of 287 contaminants, many of them carcinogenic, in each of 10 samples of umbilical cord blood.101 Chemically contaminated humans are far more likely to succumb to the deadly effects of radiation exposure. When scientists wish to induce cancer in lab animals exposed to experimental radiation, they often prime them first with a CARCINOGENIC chemical.
Conclusion: In a radiation-intensive police state, the already polluted unborn conceived by radiation-damaged parents are at ever-increasing risks for genetic deformities, brain damage and death. Perhaps we now have clues as to why approximately one half of all pregnancies in the United States result in death of the baby—either before or after birth—or in a less than healthy baby.102
Learning disabilities in school children
For the cell phone industry—it’s open season on kids. Children as young as six years old are targeted by companies which tempt them with kiddie phones that double as music and game players. Even children not exposed to cell phones begin in their toddler years to damage their brains with household cordless phones. University of Utah researchers found that the brain of a 5-year-old child absorbs four times more radiation than an adult brain and the eye fluid of a 5-year-old child absorbs over 10 times more radiation than an adult eye.103 Spanish scientists using a special scanner found that pre-teen children exposed to microwave radiation for only two minutes suffered abnormal brain pattern activity for hours afterwards. It is believed that such disturbed brain activity can lead to psychiatric/behavioral problems and impairs learning ability.104
British scientists warned in 2001 that cell phone signals can disrupt a child’s alpha and delta brain wave activity, damage his genetic components and disable his immune system.105 The British Health Protection Agency advises parents to discourage the use of mobile phones by children under 8.106 Yet by 2005, over 1 million children under 10 years of age were reported to have mobile phones in Britain. The German Academy of Pediatrics has warned German parents to strictly limit cell phone use by children.107 In 2002, an Austrian radiation expert explained that cell phone radiation is especially dangerous to children, not only because their skulls are thinner than those of adults, but because the earlier in life a malign (pre-cancerous) transformation occurs, the more likely it will one day result in a clinical malignancy.108 By 1995, British researchers confirmed that cell phone radiation could radically change mood, and produce aggressive behavior in children.109
In 2000, an EPA scientist stated that wireless communication devices in schools exposing children to long-term, pulse-modulated radio frequency radiation could produce subtle effects on brain function and memory, endangering the ability to learn.110 Nevertheless, digital classrooms by the thousands are now contaminated with wireless laptop computers enveloping children in a cloud of powerful, pulsed gigahertz microwaves. Wall or ceiling WLAN antennas also damage children, as would the ionizing radiation of x-rays. These irradiated children are susceptible to blinding headaches, eye damage, attention deficit, slow learning response, impaired memory function, poor immune function and fatigue.111 Conducting a $5 million study at the University of Washington in the early 90s, Dr. William Guy demonstrated that nearly every test animal exposed to five years of low-level, pulsed electromagnetic fields, died from cancer or immune system breakdown.112 Thirteen years of continuous radiation exposure in public school cancer zones is child abuse. Networking systems using cables are the answer.
Conclusion. The future is grim for children in a radiation-intensive police state dedicated to further irradiating their school zones with compulsory radio frequency ID tags and wireless surveillance cameras. If Americans really loved their children, all schools would be radiation-free safe areas, period. If there was ever a good reason to home school children, the advent of the digital surveillance classroom is it.
One of the most tragic realities of our time is the fact that microwave radiation, like nicotine, stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain. In the 1980s, University of Washington researchers found that radio frequency radiation activates endogenous opioids, compounds generated by the brain which behave like morphine.113 In 1996, researchers found that pulsed telephone microwaves have a hypnotic effect on the brain.114 In 1999, the Observer newspaper in London cited a study which found that cell phone radiation stimulates production of morphine-like chemicals in the brain and that the "high" is triggered by endorphin release when radiation from the phone enters through the ear.115 It is also relevant that an increase in endogenous opioid activity in the brain caused by microwave radiation is known to increase alcohol-drinking behavior.116
Observations confirm our suspicion that a sizeable percentage of our population, especially teenagers and young women of child-bearing age, are literally "stoned" on microwaves, much to the economic advantage of those who conspired to hook them.
Cell phone dependency is now called compulsive communicating. Chain dialers call continually to get another "fix." A striking example of possible psycho-emotional addiction was the young female bank robber who calmly robbed four Northern Virginia banks in late 2005 while she was immersed in cell phone chats.117 An article in the British Medical Journal noted that mobile phones are replacing nicotine as the foremost addictive obsession in Great Britain.118 75 percent of Brit teenagers said they literally could not bear to be without their phone.119 A London detox clinic specializes in helping patients deal with behavioral addiction related to cell phone use, including a patient who developed a severe repetitive strain injury from obsessively keying messages.120 Apparently few care if American children are hopelessly habituated to giga-juice.
Some final thoughts
Much of the above data addresses the long term exposure of microwaves emitted by active transmitters such as cell towers, cell/cordless phones and embedded communications chips like Digital Angel, now tragically being implanted in the most undeserving of cancer and premature death—search and rescue dogs.121 God help those precious babies! No animal should be tagged with cancer-causing frequencies 24/7. Radio collars should be used only for short times and removed as soon as possible.
We must add some perspective on the passive ID chips, like those now being implanted in hospitals across the nation. The VeriChip is similar to AVID chips embedded in domesticated pets. A radio frequency blast from an AVID chip reader used to find pet ID numbers causes both gauss and microwave meters to jump "off the scale." This kind of kilohertz blast is obviously a significant electromagnetic shock to the body. Passive human chip implants will expose chip bearers to continual zapping from 134 kilohertz identification readers as embedded chips become universally accepted for locational, financial and identification purposes.
Where are the health studies on how human cells respond to the continual assault from 134 kilohertz radio frequency, hot enough to oscillate at 134,000 cycles per second? Long term exposure to electro-magnetic fields of a mere 60 hertz—over 2,000 times less energy active than 134 KHz—can cause leukemia, brain cancer, Lou Gehrig’s disease, miscarriage, severe depression and suicide.122 These low frequency fields have been classified by both the National Institutes of Health and the California Department of Health Services as probable human carcinogens.123 If 60 hertz magnetic exposure can damage genetic material in our cells and cause human cancers to increase growth rate,124 what can 134 kilohertz accomplish? The FDA has approved implantation of VeriChip with no longterm health studies performed whatsoever.
Police State USA will never tell us the truth about the radiation they are using against us with such a vengeance. Deliberately kept dumb as dirt about the issue, Americans are cornered rats who have never had the privilege of giving informed consent for this abuse and brutality. We all now stand between a ruthless political machine that will snuff out our lives without a blink and the equally serious repercussions that come from political resistance. Can we educate enough people in time to mount effective resistance? Can we hold the line until this fascist administration and the murderous corporate horse it rode in on finally destroy themselves with their own excesses?
Here are constructive suggestions for those who want to help restore the world to sanity:
1. First establish your own priorities regarding personal wireless devices. Make the choice for robust health and normal mental function with a trade-off of less convenience. Explain to others that you are rejecting wireless devices because you choose to prevent premature aging, memory/vision loss, genetic damage and cancer. They may appreciate knowing the facts too. And cheer up! There is life after wireless.
2. Become creative on how to function successfully in this world without having a microwave transmitter directly on your body. If you absolutely must use cell or cordless phones, keep them off your body and in speaker mode only for very short, essential calls.
Some cordless phones with two antennas irradiate a whole room, even when not in use. It is best to get them out of your house and use land line speaker phones that allow you to yak while wandering around. You can still buy corded phones, even though they may be hidden under the retail counter in a brown bag, like old-time porno magazines, ha! The more we buy, the more available they will be.
3. Obtain a good radio frequency/microwave meter and see the world around you in its energy form. Use the meter to show others the death rays pulsing wildly from wireless devices. Use it to help create a safe space where your body can rest from RF radiation, spending as much time as possible in radiation-free zones. If your work place is high in microwaves, ask your boss to help you reduce your exposure—such as installing a land line phone for your desk. Your boss might even be interested in reducing his own exposure once you educate him.
4. Help us build mass awareness about the many lethal RF/microwave hazards to humans, animals and all life on earth. Use the wonderful resources we provide here to become an "expert" on the difference between life energies vs. death energies.
5. Refuse to allow any identification or communication device to be implanted in your body, no matter what the cost socially or financially. The documentation presented here makes it clear that people who allow themselves to be tagged or chipped will ultimately be very sick. They will have "a noisome and grievous sore"—to quote a very reliable source.125
6. Get this information into the hands of anyone who has a heart with which to hear the truth. There are innocent lives to be saved. Those of us who refuse to be chipped and tracked by Police State USA absolutely must stick together, helping one another through this dark night, until the morning breaks.
Note: Many people are asking if VeriChip is being implanted into newborns by participating hospitals. If any reader has information on this, please contact The Idaho Observer pronto!
References will be available online at www.idaho-observer.com or send $1 and a SASE to The Idaho Observer.
Resources: Meters, books and websitesRadiation meters:
Alpha Lab Inc.
1280 South 300 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Alpha Lab carries the excellent Trifield Meter ($130) used mainly to measure the milligauss of electromagnetic fields coming from 60 hertz sources. Use this meter to make sure your living and working spaces are under 2 milligauss. Although this meter has a radio/microwave dial, you need a more sensitive digital microwave meter that will help you assess the kilohertz, megahertz and gigahertz radiation in your environment.
Alpha Lab sells the Microwave Power Density Meter ($320) which performs nicely. This easy-read meter measures microwave radiation in microwatts per cm2, allowing comparison of your readings to the 5 microwatts per cm2 used by the Russians to make our embassy staff sick. Remember, people inside the embassy reportedly received only about .1 microwatts per cm2 —peanuts to the ambient RF/microwave radiation you will be finding in wireless cities everywhere.
For a list of more expensive professional meters available, go to: www.microwavenews.com. On the left side of the home page find a link called Radiation Meters.
93 Arch St.
Redwood City, California 94062
This company produces radiation detection devices with models ranging in price from $159 to $2,800. The $159 ZC 185 is what Don and Ingri have been using for the last three years. While not giving detailed measurements, it is an extremely sensitive and sturdy instrument that gives an accurate read on whether or not radiation is present and its relative intensity. It lets you know when you are being irradiated and serves as an excellent tool to illustrate exposure levels to others.
Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age, Dr. George Carlo and Martin Schram, Carroll & Graf Publishers, 2001.
Cellular Telephone Russian Roulette, Robert C. Kane, Vantage Press, 2001.
Cell Towers: Wireless Convenience or Environmental Hazard? The Berkshire-Litchfield Environmental Council, Edited by B. Blake Levitt, 2000. Order from Barnes and Noble.
These websites provide excellent information on all aspects of health and other issues relating to electromagnetic fields and radio frequency/microwave radiation.
This excellent German (also in English) site features RF/microwave radiation news from all over the world. The science keeps pouring in and this is where to find it, along with lots of human interest.
This site has superb resources organized by professionals with expertise in all facets of our RF/microwave radiation problem.
This site features Dr. Carlo’s Mobil Telephone Health Concerns Registry where people can report ill health effects from living near microwave transmitters or from the use of wireless devices. It also features great news reports.
This site is home to Microwave News, an excellent monthly publication. It offers cutting edge science reports plus a great archive.
This site provides valuable information on how to make homes and offices safer in the wireless age.
CAUTION: There are many devices on the market claiming to protect wireless users from radiation. These include: Air tube headsets, ferrite bead clip-ons and an array of paste-ons advertised to cut down on thermal effects or deflect negative energy. However, energy testing, kinesiology and meter readings indicate that these mitigation devices DO NOT adequately protect against the brutal force of near field microwave radiation. The easiest way to determine the effectiveness of these devices is to meter radiation levels while using them. If practiced in the art of kinesiology, one can also "muscle test" the effectiveness of the radiation mitigation device.
Traveling in the wireless age
For three years now Ingri and I have been traveling with a hand-held device called a "zapchecker." The zapchecker measures ambient levels of electromagnetic radiation. During dozens of road trips throughout the western U.S. since 2003, we would be driving along and notice that the zapchecker would suddenly "spike." We would then see a cell tower, a hospital or government building with a satelite communications array, a radio station or, sometimes, high tension lines within a half mile or so. After a few minutes, the zapchecker would calm down again until the next wireless monument came within range. Sometimes, however, it would spike for a moment for no apparent reason. We figured that we had just encountered a microwave transmission superhighway—evidence we had crossed paths with microwaves being transmitted between repeaters.
On March 30, 2006, Ingri and I traveled from Spirit Lake to Seattle to attend what turned out to be an excellent 9/11 truth event on the University of Washington campus. What we experienced with regard to measureable amounts of ambient electromagnetic radiation was shocking to us and occupied much of our conversation throughout our journey. Wherein previous years there would be miles between measureable amounts of radiation being detected by our zapchecker, the opposite was suddenly true.
We notied that our zapchecker was spiking about 90 percent of the time during our 800-mile round trip. In eastern Washington it was "clean" only between cell towers and now there is almost always one in sight. In western Washington, the only "clean" areas were a little spot south of Olympia and an area outside Shelton.
In all cases, when we were in urban areas, the zapchecker was solidly spiked—even when the sensitivity of the device was turned down.
We are amazed at how quickly our world came from being irradiated only in spots to being saturated in this odorless, tasteless and invisible ambient danger.
Like it or not, except in isolated areas, as of April, 2006, we are bathed in ambient radiation.
NOTES 1. "80 eyes on 2,400 People," Los Angeles Times, 03-28-06, www. latimes.com. 2. Phoenix Insurgent 04-01-06 features expose of the MOTOMESH video surveillance system being used by law enforcement in Los Angeles: See "Of Generational Wars Old and New," phoenixinsurgent.blogspot.com. 3. "Work in States a Key Focus of eHealth’s Initiative’s Connecting Communities Learning Forum," April 10, 2006. See commergence.com. 4. "VeriChip Corporation Expands Adoption of VeriMed System for Patient Identification," 12-01-05, www.verichipcorp.com. 5. "Homeland Security Looking at RFID Technology to Track Individuals," 02-22-06, consumeraffairs.com. 6. "U.S. to Implant Homeless with RFID Tags," Jesse Warrens, 04-02-04, United Press International, thunderbay, indymedia.org. 7. "RFID Invades the Capital," Mark Baard, Wired News, 03-08-05, rense.com. 8. "Congress Considers Evacuation Tracking," RFID Journal, 02-07-05, rfidjournal.com. 9. "Human Tracking: Big Brother Goes Mainstream," North Jersey Record, 02-21-05, www.infowars.com. 10. "Inuit See Signs of Arctic Thaw," D. Struck, The Washington Post, 03-21-06. 11. HAARP Project Proceeds; Said to be Record-Setting HF Project," 11-14-05, Radio World NewsBytes, www.rwonline.com. 12. "Barium Tests Are Positive," Clifford Carnicom, 05-24-04, Aerosol Operations Crimes and Cover Up,
1. "80 eyes on 2,400 People," Los Angeles Times, 03-28-06, www. latimes.com.
2. Phoenix Insurgent 04-01-06 features expose of the MOTOMESH video surveillance system being used by law enforcement in Los Angeles: See "Of Generational Wars Old and New," phoenixinsurgent.blogspot.com.
3. "Work in States a Key Focus of eHealth’s Initiative’s Connecting Communities Learning Forum," April 10, 2006. See commergence.com.
4. "VeriChip Corporation Expands Adoption of VeriMed System for Patient Identification," 12-01-05, www.verichipcorp.com.
5. "Homeland Security Looking at RFID Technology to Track Individuals," 02-22-06, consumeraffairs.com.
6. "U.S. to Implant Homeless with RFID Tags," Jesse Warrens, 04-02-04, United Press International, thunderbay, indymedia.org.
7. "RFID Invades the Capital," Mark Baard, Wired News, 03-08-05, rense.com.
8. "Congress Considers Evacuation Tracking," RFID Journal, 02-07-05, rfidjournal.com.
9. "Human Tracking: Big Brother Goes Mainstream," North Jersey Record, 02-21-05, www.infowars.com.
10. "Inuit See Signs of Arctic Thaw," D. Struck, The Washington Post, 03-21-06.
11. HAARP Project Proceeds; Said to be Record-Setting HF Project," 11-14-05, Radio World NewsBytes, www.rwonline.com.
12. "Barium Tests Are Positive," Clifford Carnicom, 05-24-04, Aerosol Operations Crimes and Cover Up,www.carnicom.com.
13. "Military Behind 4 Different Chemtrail Programs," Mile Blair, The Spotlight, 06-21-01.
14. "Feds Plan to Track Every Car in America," World Net Daily, 10-7-2004,www.worldnetdaily.com.
15. Intel Research Laboratory,www.placelab.org This site contains numerous links such as "Large-Scale Activity Inferencing," which outline plans for various forms of RFID people tracking, plus a discussion of the infrastructure of sensors and beacons needed to keep us all under surveillance full time—even "in the wild."
16. Lilienfeld, A. M., 1978, Evaluation of Health Status of Foreign Service and Other Employees from Selected Eastern European Posts, National Technical Information Service, PB288-163. Professor Abraham Lilienfeld, head of the Epidemiology Department at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, completed this study of the Moscow irradiation project for the U.S. State Department.
17. Currents of Death, Paul Brodeur, 1989. Also: "Microwave Detection-- Remote Mind Control Technology," Anna Keeler,www.bugsweeeps.com.
20. "Pentagon Deploys Array of Non-Lethal Weapons, USA Today, 7-25-05; also "Microwaving Iraq," Will Thomas,www.willthomas.net, 01-24-05.
21. "Details of U.S. Microwave-weapon Tests Revealed," David Hambling, NewScientist.com news service, 07-22-05.
22. Practical Guidelines to Protect Human Health Against Electromagnetic Radiation Emitted in Mobile Telephony, Summary June 2001, Miguel Muntane Condeminas, industrial engineer for Consulting Comunicacio i Disseny S.L, Barcelona,firstname.lastname@example.org. See Section 4.3.1 "US Embassy in Moscow Study."
23. "Secret Report on Cell Phone Dangers and Tetra," B. Trower, 11-25-04, rense.com.
24. "FCC Lives Large of Lobbyist Bribes," Capitol Hill Blue, 05-22-03, capitolhillblue.com.
25. Radio Frequency Safety, Federal Communications Commission, www.fcc.gov.
26. Cellular Telephone Russian Roulette, Robert C. Kane, Vantage Press, 2001. This book contains an excellent expose on the stupidity and inadequacy of SAR calculations.
27. ABC News 20/20 segment on cell phone safety, October 20, 1999.
28. Statement by radiation expert Bill Curry in e-mail to Roy Beavers, May 4, 2003: " I don’t see why the strictly thermal limits aren’t blown away by the latest paper of Salford’s group….It graphically shows brain damage in rats subjected to actual GSM phone radiation at a SAR value about 800 times lower than the ‘safe’ limits." The Salford study: "Nerve Cell Damage in Mammalian Brain after Exposure to Microwaves from GSM Mobile Phones," Environmental Health Perspectives, Volume 111, Number 7, June 2003.
29. FCC states in its publication Radio Frequency Safety: "FCC does not have the resources nor the personnel to routinely monitor the emissions for all the thousands of transmitters that are subject to FCC jurisdiction." While the FCC is shuffling papers and proclaiming that transmitters are "unlikely" to exceed FCC radiation guidelines and "probably" compliant, it’s a radiation free-for–all across the nation.
30. A Local Government Official’s Guide to Transmitting Antenna RF Emission Safety: Rules, Procedures, and Practical Guidance, FCC advisory, June 2000.
31. "Some Unexpected Health Hazards Associated with Cell Tower Siting," Bill P.Curry, PhD., Cell Towers: Wireless Convenience or Environmental Hazard? The Berkshire-Litchfield Environmental Council, edited by B. Blake Levitt, 2000. See chapter 6.
32. Position on the Health Effects from Radio Frequency/Microwave Radiation in Fire Department Facilities from Base Stations for Antennas and Towers for the Conduction of Cell Phone Transmissions, International Association of Fire Fighters, Division of Occupational Health, Safety and Medicine, August 2004.
33. "Supreme Court Rebuffs Challenge to U.S. Tower Policy," Microwave News, Jan./Feb 2001.
34. EMR Network Petition For Inquiry To Consider Amendment of Parts 1 and 2 of the FCC’s Rules Concerning the Environmental Effects of Radiofrequency Radiation, September 25, 2001.
35. FCC order to deny application for review filed by the EMR Network, adopted July 28, 2003.
36. Freiburger Appeal, UGUMED, October 2002.
37. "Study of the health of people living in the vicinity of mobile phone base stations: I. influences of distance and sex," R. Santini et al, Institut national des sciences appliquées—laboratoire de biochimie-pharmacologie, 2002.
38. "Effects of 900 MHz electromagnetic field on TSH and thyroid hormones in rats," Koyu A. et al, 2005 July 4;157 (3):257-62.
39. "Brain and Eye Tumors on the Rise," Dr. George Carlo, CPR News Bureau, 01-16-06. cprnews.com.
40. "Wake-up Call," Rob Harrill, March 2005, Columns-- University of Washington Alumni Magazine. Farren is quoted here.
41. Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age, Dr. George Carlo and Martin Schram, Carroll & Graf Publishers, 2001, p. 154
42. "Brain and Eye Tumors on the Rise," Dr. George Carlo, CPR News Bureau, 01-16-06. cprnews.com.
43. "Is There a Ten-Year Latency For Cell Phone Tumor Development?" Microwave News, January 2006.
44. Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Ag, op. cit.
45. "DNA Damage and Cell Phone Radiation," www.rfsafe.com, 11-02-05.
46. Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Ag, op. cit.
47. "Cell Phone Radiation Harms DNA, Study Claims," (Reuters) MSNBC, 12-04-04.
48. "RF-Induced DNA Breaks Reported in China," Microwave News, 09-29-05. This report comes from the Zhejiang University School of Medicine.
49. "ROS release and Hsp70 expression after exposure to 1,800 MHz radiofrequency electromagnetic fields in primary human monocytes and lymphocytes," Lantow M, et al., Radiat Eviron Biophys, 03-22-06. See also: Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Ag, op. cit.
50. "Cancer Biology: On Heat Shock Proteins and Tumor Cells," Science Week, Nature 2003, 425:357) scienceweek.com.
51. "Cell Phones Make Cancerous Cells Grow More Aggressively," 10-24-02, rense.com. This study on leukemia cells was done by scientists at the National Research Council in Bologna, Italy.
52. "Mobile Phones Linked to Cancer," BBC News, 11-9-1998. Article contains court testimony by cancer expert Alisdair Phillips.
53. New Scientist, 10-24-02.
54. "Cell Phone Risks Cited in Studies: Three Groups find Danger of Tumors," N. McVicar, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, 02-01-05.
56. "Long-Term Mobile Phone Use Raises Brain Tumor Risk: Study," Reuters, 03-31-06. This research was conducted by the Swedish National Institute for Working Life whose scientists studied 905 people with malignant brain tumors to confirm a 240% increased risk of brain tumors after heavy mobile phone use.
57. "Panel Affirms Radiation Link to Cancer," Associated Press, 06-29-05.
58. "Nerve Cell Damage in Mammalian Brain after Exposure to Microwaves from GSM Mobile Phones," Leif G. Salford et al, Environmental Health Perspectives, Volume 111, Number 7, June 2003.
60. "New Study Shows Cell Phones Cause Brain Changes," Reuters, 06-20-02, Helskinki, Finland. This study was done by Finland’s Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority.
61. "Changes in Protein Folding: A Nonthermal RF Mechanism," Microwave News, May/June 2003. This report describes experiments completed by Dr. David de Pomerai, University of Nottingham.
62. "Phone Study: Holey Rat’s Brains," Elisa Batista, wired.com, 01-31-03. This is Leif Salford’s study, confirming severe damage to rat brains exposed to only two hours of cell phone radiation.
63. "Chronic exposure to GSM 1800-MHz microwaves reduces excitatory synaptic activity in cultured hippocampal neurons," Xu et al, Department of Neurobiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China, 02-05-06.
64. "The Biochemical Frontier Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Aging," N. Sergeant and A. Delacourte, Proceedings of the Second Kuopio Alzheimer Symposium, Finland, January 2001.
65. "Memory and Behavior," Dr. Henry Lai, Bioelectromagnetics Research Laboratory, University of Washington: paper presented in Italy, November 21-25, 1999.
66. "Rats Exposed to Cell Phone Microwaves Suffer Long-Term Memory Loss, According to New Study by University of Washington Researcher,"www.sciencedaily.com, 12-02-1999.
67. "Neurological Effects of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation," a paper presented by Dr. Henry Lai at the Mobile Phones and Health Symposium, in Vienna, Austria, October 25-28, 1998.
69. "Neuropathology in Aging," D. G. Davis et al, University of Kentucky Medical Center, report presented at the Second Kuopio Alzheimer Symposium, Kuopio, Finland, January 2001.
70. "Alzheimer Rate Exploding," Lancet, 12-17-05; 366 (9503);2112-7.
71. Quote from Toshiyuki Sawaguchi, Professor of Neurobiology Hokkaido University School of Medicine. See report: "Frightful Epidemic of ‘Severe’ Memory Loss People 20-30—Is it nvCJD?"www.rense.com, 02-05-01.
72. "Survey’s Finding of a Drop in Reading Proficiency is Inexplicable, Experts Say," L. Romano, Washington Post, 12-25-05.
73. "Talking on a Mobile Phone Whilst Driving is More Dangerous Than being Drunk Behind the Wheel,"www.driectline.com, 03-22-02. This study was conducted by the Transport Research Laboratory in Britain for leading insurer Direct Line.
76."Cell Phones Quadruple Car Crash Danger," BBC News, www.rense.com, 07-11-05.
77. "Hand-Free Cell Phones No Safer than Hand-Held—Cell phone Use Contributes to Car Crashes," consumeraffairs.com, 6-13-05.
78. "Study: Cell Phone Use ages Young Drivers," Associated Press, 02-03-05.
79. Dr. John T. McLaughlin was the medical consultant for Hughes Aircraft Corp. which compiled for the military a list of ill effects of radar exposure. See Sterneck, et al (1980).
80. From Russian report presented in Warsaw 1971 by Zinaida V. Gordon and Maria N. Sadchikova of USSR Institute of Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases, who identified comprehensive series of symptoms which they called microwave sickness.
81. "Influence of a radiofrequency electromagnetic field on cardiovascular and hormonal parameters of the autonomic nervous system in healthy individuals," Braune et al, Radiat Res 158 (3): 352-356, 2002.
82. "Health Scientists Cut Their Mobile Phone Use," BBC News, 03-01-99.
83. "Cell Phone on Your Belt Brings Radiation To Liver and Kidneys," The Sunday Mirror, UK, 7-10-99.
84. "Erythrocyte rouleau formation under polarized electromagnetic fields," Sebastian et. al, Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 2005; 72 (3) 031913-1-031913-9. Source: Infoline 11-03-05.
85. "Red Blood Cells Lump by Mobile Phone," reported by Schwabische Zeitung, 03-07-05; also see "German Students Shame British Government," Mast Sanity, 03-22-05, mastsanity.org.
86. "Blood Test Hope for Mobile Phone Mast Victims," mastsanity.org, 09-13-05.
87."Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) and Bluetooth,"www.powerwatch.org.uk., 11-04-2003.
88. "Muddled Rats, Dying Chicks—Scare Stories from Around the Globe," Telegraph, UK, 01-12-98,www.telegraph.co.uk. This article cites French study done on chicks at University of Montpellier.
89. Presentation by Dr. Ross Adey, U.C. Biochemist, UC Riverside, delivered Feb 4, 2000 at the Bioelectromagnetics Society meeting in Washington, D.C.
90. "Autism Alarm," Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), January 2004.
91. "Radiation Damage May Be Passed to Offspring," (Reuters Health), Nature, May 4, 2000.
92. "Mobile Phones Warning to Pregnant Women," www. telegraph.co.uk, 06-28-98.
93. "Eye on Europe," Microwave News, Vol. 22, No. 2, March/April 2002.
94. "Is there a relationship between cell phone use and semen quality?" Fejes, et al, University of Szeged, Hungary, Arch Androl. Sept-Oct 2005, 51 (5): 385-93.
95. "Laptop Use Can Damage Male Fertility,"www.eweek.com, 12-09-04. This study was done by researchers at State University of New York at Stony Brook.
96. "Effects of 1800 MHz GSM-like exposure on the gonadal function and haematological parameters of male mice," Forgacs Z, et. al, FGF-Infoline 03-11-05.
97. "Biological Effects of Radiofrequency Radiation," Dr. Henry Lai, University of Washington, paper presented in Italy, September 13-14, 2002.
98. "A Possible Association Between Fetal/Neonatal Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation and the Increased Incidence of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)," Robert C. Kane, Ph.D., Medical Hypothesis, Volume 62, Issue 2, February 2004.
99. "Autism, Mercury and Politics," Robert Kennedy Jr., The Boston Globe, 07-01-2005: In USA, one in every 166 children has an autism spectrum disorder-- an increase of 6000% since the 1970’s-- and one in every 6 children is now diagnosed with a related neurological disorder.
100. Presentation by Dr. Ross Adey, U.C. Biochemist, UC Riverside, Feb 4, 2000 at the Bioelectromagnetics Society meeting in Washington, D.C.
101. "Unborn Babies Soaked in Chemicals, Survey Finds," Maggie Fox, Reuters, www.rense.com, 7-14-05.
102. "Shocking Pregnancy Statistics," Joel Sol, rense.com, 05-02-02. This statistic was in a press release from the National Research Council of the National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine, June 2000.
103. Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Ag, op. cit.
104. "What Cell Phones Can Do To Youngster’s Brain in 2 Minutes," U.K. Sunday Mirror, rense.com, 04-01-04.
105. This assessment is from Dr. Gerard Hyland, University of Warwick, Dept. of Physics, Coventry, England and is excerpted from his report for the STOA Committee of the EU. See www.latitudes.org: Electromagnetic Radiation—free article.
106. "Teddy Bear Mobile puts 4-years Olds at Risk from Radiation," Nic Fleming, telegraph.co.uk., 11-29-05.
107. "German Academy of Pediatrics: Keep Kids Away from Phones," Microwave News, January/Feb. 2001.
108. "More Reasons Children May be at Risk," Microwave News, Vol. 22, No. 4, July /August 2002.
109. EMF Health Report, March/April 1995.
110. Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Ag, op. cit., pp. 218-219. The EPA official quoted is Norbert Hankin, who was an environmental scientist with EPA’s Office of Radiation and Indoor Air.
111. "General Symptoms of Radio Wave Sickness," No Place to Hide, Volume 3, Number 1 April 2001, Special Issue on Russian and Ukrainian Research, Arthur Firstenberg, Cellular Phone Taskforce, P.O. Box 1337, Mendochino, Ca. 95460.
112. Washington Post, 06-07-95.
113. "Neurological Effects of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation," Dr. Henry Lai, op. cit.
114. "Effects of Pulsed High-frequency electromagnetic fields on Human sleep," Mann, K, Roschke, J. Neuropsychobiology 33 (1):41-47, 1996.
115. "Mobile Phone Users ‘Addicted to Radiation,’ "Observer (London), 03-14-99.
116. "Neurological Effects of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation," Dr. Henry Lai, op. cit.
117. "Robbing Four Banks, Cell Phone in Hand," Spokesman Review, 11-12-05.
118. "Cell Phones the Newest Teen Addiction," British Medical Journal, 11-4-00;321:1155.
119. "Cell Phones Indispensable to Teens," The Telegraph, UK. www.rense.com, 12-19-04.
120. "Are Microwaves Addictive?" The Courier-Mail (London) 10-07-03.
121. "Group Implants Digital Angel Microchips in Rescue Dogs," J. Vomhof, Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal, 01-18-06.
122. California Dept. of Health Services, California EMF Program, Draft of Final Risk Evaluation Report, 2002.
124. Cross Currents, Dr. Robert Becker, 1990.
125. The Book of Revelation, King James Bible. See Chapters 13-16 on mandatory number implants and health ramifications, especially verses 16-17 of chapter 13 and verse 2 of chapter 16.
Home - Current Edition
Advertising Rate Sheet
About the Idaho Observer
Some recent articles
Some older articles
Why we're here
Corrections and Clarifications
Vaccination Liberation - vaclib.org
The Idaho Observer
P.O. Box 457
Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869