From the August 2003 Idaho Observer:
Security to Die for: How Americans Will Be Nuked to Naked
The U.S. government must be realizing that the docility of the American people knows no boundaries: It approves poisons like aspartame and criminalizes medicines like laetrile; it manufactures reasons to send our sons and daughters off to fight phony wars and brings them back as the damaged lab rats of chemical and biological weapons experiments. The latest assault on the intelligence and dignity of the American people is airport security. Though Americans may not get it, terrorists should take heed: If the Bush administration has its way, there will be no need to orchestrate elaborate attacks on U.S. soil because Americans will be standing in line to slowly mass murder themselves.
by Amy Worthington
According to a recent Zogby poll, traveling Americans approve long lines and gridlock at airport passenger screening points. The majority polled appreciate delays and hassles of flying today's suspicious skies and feel safer because the federal Transportation Security Agency (TSA) is in charge of airport screening.1 These happy line campers should be delighted to learn about TSA's grossly invasive new security plans. The good times have just begun.
TSA Security Laboratory Director Susan Hallowell recently announced the agency's intent to use back-scatter X-ray machines for passenger surveillance. These hugely expensive, closet-sized zappers can find the plastic bombs hidden in grandma's underpants, while delivering a smacking dose of ionizing radiation to her breasts and thyroid gland.
Snooper X-rays penetrate a few centimeters into the flesh and reflect off the skin to form a naked body image for TSA security personnel to inspect. These machines are already being field tested at several U.S. airports, including JFK, LAX and Orlando.2
The most lucrative growth industry of our times is the "terror" business. Legions of companies lusting for government contracts are churning out police state technology at a frantic pace. In the last 17 months, TSA has received over 30,000 proposals for Big Brother technology and equipment needed to keep 280 million citizen-suspects under careful surveillance from the inside out.3
Big winners include companies whose equipment is assisting TSA's Advanced Technology Checkpoint Project to nudify airline passengers.4 Digital Security Systems of Miami is promoting its ConPass Security Body
Scanner, which can perform virtual cavity searches using deeply penetrating X-radiation. Company engineer Thomas Wiggins says the scanner can detect explosives hidden inside bodies or surgically implanted under flabby folds of skin. Wiggins admits that before 9-11, "The thought of using an X-ray system would have been like ordering our own death sentence." Now Wiggins claims that the ConPass scanner "could scan a pregnant woman around 200 times without a health risk."5
Virtually all passengers and airline crews who pass through airport screening checkpoints in the U.S. may soon be forced to submit to compulsory, whole-body X-ray exposure. Some fliers could be "fried" several times in one day. Frequent fliers could get hit hundreds of times each year. Pregnant women, infants, the chronically ill and immune suppressed would get the rays. Grateful herds of traveling livestock, prodded by TSA drovers through federally-funded "nuke chutes," are expected to believe Hollowell's scientifically unsupported assertion that ionizing radiation delivered via backscatter will be "about the same as sunshine."6
Officials must naturally defend compulsory passenger X-rays as harmless. But they are signing no guarantees because ionizing radiation in the X-ray spectrum damages and mutates both chromosomal DNA and structural proteins in human cells.7 If this damage is not repaired, it can lead to cancer.8 New research shows that even very low doses of X-ray can delay or prevent cellular repair of damaged DNA, raising questions about the safety of routine medical X-rays.9 Unborn babies can become grotesquely disfigured if their mothers are irradiated during pregnancy.10 Heavily X- rayed persons of childbearing age can sustain chromosomal damage, endangering offspring.11 Radiation damage is cumulative and each successive dose builds upon the cellular mutation caused by the last.12 It can take years for radiation damage to manifest pathology.
A leading U.S. expert on the biological effects of X-radiation is Dr. John Gofman, Professor Emeritus of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Gofman's exhaustive research leads him to conclude that there is NO SAFE DOSE-LEVEL of ionizing radiation.13 His studies indicate that radiation from medical diagnostics and treatment is a causal co-factor in 50 percent of America's cancers and 60 percent of our ischemic (blood flow blockage) heart disease.14 He stresses that the frequency with which Americans are medically X-rayed "makes for a significant radiological impact."15
This highly credentialed nuclear physicist states: "The fact, that X-ray doses are so seldom measured, reflects the false assumption that doses do not matter...[but] they do matter enormously. And each bit of additional dose matters, because any X-ray photon may be the one which sets in motion the high-speed, high energy electron which causes a carcinogenic or atherogenic [smooth muscle] mutation. Such mutations rarely disappear. The higher their accumulated number in a population, the higher will be the population's mortality rates from radiation-induced cancer and ischemic heart disease."16
A report in the British medical journal Lancet noted that after breast mammograms were introduced in 1983, the incidence of ductal carcinoma (12 percent of breast cancer) increased by 328 percent, of which 200 percent was due to the use of mammography itself.17 A Lawrence Berkeley National Lab study has demonstrated that breast tissue is extremely susceptible to radiation-induced cancer,18 confirming warnings by numerous experts that mammograms can initiate the very cancers they may later identify.19 Dr. Gofman believes that medical radiation is a co-factor in 75 percent of breast cancer cases.20 So why would girls and women want their breast tissues irradiated every time they take a commercial flight?
Cancer is number two cause of death in the U.S. behind heart disease. The more marathon walks and cookie eating contests we sponsor to fund the "war" on cancer, the more cancer we get. "America isn't winning the war on cancer after all," the Wall Street Journal recently reported.21 The National Cancer Institute admits that America's cancer rates in almost every category are rising steadily.22 Airline pilots and cabin crews suffer a significant incidence of leukemia, skin and breast cancer due to chromosomal damage from ionizing cosmic radiation encountered during years of flying at high altitudes.23
Dr. Gofman's research reveals a dose-response relationship between medical X-rays and fatal heart disease, the number one killer of Americans. He found that X-radiation is a powerful atherogen, causing mutations in smooth muscle cells of coronary arteries. These radiation damaged cells are unable to process lipoproteins correctly, resulting in atherosclerotic plaques and mini tumors in the arteries.24 Radiation used to treat breast cancer can badly damage the heart.25
As Dr. Gofman and other experts argue for improved diagnostic techniques and equipment to reduce medically necessary X-ray exposure, TSA gears up to impose frivolous, nonmusical exposure, even though conventional airline security measures have proven adequate since 9/11. To date, the National Institutes of Health, the American Cancer Society and the American Heart Association have been silent about TSA's sinister plan to deliver unlimited doses of carcinogenic, mutagenic, heart damaging radiation to the flying public. No health studies are planned to gauge short and long-term effects of the radiation TSA will deliver to inspect our innards.
Big Brother's zap madness is a predictable result of America's post 9-11 security hysteria. But here's the irony: Dr. Gofman says X- radiation has the effect of "grenades and small bombs" on human cells.26 If we permit TSA to continually "bomb" our DNA in the name of security, what have we accomplished?
Besides ionizing beams, the feds are also testing other types of surveillance radiation. A flubbed holographic scanner developed by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory allows officials to strip search humans with ultra-high frequency radio waves.27 Millivision of Amherst,
Mass., has engineered a millimeter wave scanner using radio frequencies 1,000 times higher than those of an FM broadcast.28 These waves pass through clothing, packaging and building materials. Ultra-high radio frequencies include radar, a spectrum of radiation known since WWII to cause cancer and neurological disability in humans.29 Microwave frequencies are documented by recent studies on cell/cordless phone radiation to be carcinogenic and teratogenic (causing abnormal embryonic development).30
An example of unexpected health repercussions is fetal untrasound technology. Ultrasound equipment bombards a fetus with high-intensity sound waves for up to one hour. Ultrasound equipment can cause mutation and bleeding in the intestinal cells of rodents. 31 Swedish scientists say routine ultrasound scanning of pregnant women may be causing subtle brain damage in unborn babies.32 Approximately half of all pregnancies in the U.S. result in prenatal or postnatal death, or an otherwise less than healthy baby.33 Many wonder if routine exposure of America's fragile unborn to ultrasound waves might be a factor, among others, of this shocking national statistic. Is fetal ultrasound exposure playing some part in the national epidemic of delayed development in infants, plus learning and behavior difficulties suffered by millions of our school children? Exposing the unborn to ionizing X-radiation at airport checkpoints is an even more dangerous game of roulette.
Fedgov's planned use of health damaging radiation on the traveling public seems especially tragic and abusive to those of us convinced that the War on Terror is a giant con job. Massive evidence indicates that the terrorist attacks of 9/11 were intentionally staged to justify increased power over and surveillance of Americans.34 Key NORAD and other military officials had to be in on the ruse.35 President Bush ambushed himself when he openly lied about what he knew and when he knew it on the day the Twin Towers went down.36 He has been caught lying about so many issues that Homeland Security should issue a red alert every time he is about to move his lips. The Bush administration's ongoing cover-up of 9/11 is so blatant that even Bush's own investigatory commission has expressed outrage at his efforts to block its requests for vital information and resources.37
Meantime, TSA claims concern that Americans may feel humiliated at being viewed naked by X-ray screeners. But whatever airport nuke-nazis see through our clothing is nothing that the undertaker won't see after excessive, state-mandated radiation puts us "down" for good. Mandatory airport surveillance radiation delivered to an already grossly ill population would afford our financially strapped government an ingenious "final solution" to numerous political and economic problems. No muss, no fuss, this cull in the Cuckoos' nest. Each useless eater lines up for his deferred-lethal dose. The weak will die soonest, the strong will eventually become the weak--no questions asked and nothing proven. It's hard for a Prozac nation to imagine such sinister motives behind the terror industry, but the documented truth is, our amoral leadership has been brazenly murdering Americans for decades.38 Genocide specialists have been especially fond of unleashing various forms of deadly radiation on the unwitting masses, as documented by the federal Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments.39 Now here we go again!
Consumers could derail TSA's sinister surveillance projects in a heartbeat. It's called boycott: We simply refuse to get nuked to naked. If we stop booking flights, the airline industry must grind to a halt. TSA would have little choice but to scrap its plans to endanger the national health with unnecessary radiation.
Americans who are still able to think must launch an effort to save ourselves and warn others. 1. Let's demand that Congress mandate TSA's radiation experiments be strictly voluntary. 2. We must demand the right to request that TSA conduct a non-radiation search of our persons. 3. We must demand our right to abstain from security procedures that may harm our children. 4. We must initiate an e-mail campaign to convince TSA and the airlines that forcible assault by radiation makes the cost of an airline ticket impossibly prohibitive.
TSA's consumer e-mail address is: TSAContactCenter@dhs.gov. It's toll free comment line is: 1-866-289-9673.
1. "Passengers Don't Object to Long Lines," Jon Dougherty, WorldNetDaily.com, 6-8-03.
2. "Airport Screeners May Get X-ray Vision," Associated Press, ABCNews.com; also "Future Tech: Beyond X-ray Vision: Can Big Brother See Right Through Your Clothes?," Ivan Amata, Discover, Vol. 23, No 7, July 2002.
3. "Looking for New Ways to Fight Terror," James Brosnan, Scripps Howard News Service, 7-29-03.
4. "New Security Devices at Fla. Airport," Mike Branom, Associated Press, 3-15-02.
5. "Airport Scanners Limited In Detecting Explosives," John Dougherty, WorldNetDaily.com, 1-5-02.
6. "Airport Screeners May Get X-ray Vision," op. cit.
7. Radiation from Medical Procedures in the Pathogenesis Of Cancer and Ischemic Heart Disease, John W. Gofman, M.D. (edited by Egan O'Connor) Committee for Nuclear Responsibility, P.O. Box 421993, San Francisco, Ca.94142.
8. "X-rays Not As Safe As Previously Thought," Journal Reference: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, April 4, 2003. See http://www.mercola.com/.
9-12. Gofman, op. cit. Also: Radiation-Induced Cancer From Low-Dose Exposure: An Independent Analysis, John W. Gofman, San Francisco: Committee For Nuclear Responsibility, 1990; ISBN 0-932682-89-8.
13. Radiation from Medical Procedures in the Pathogenesis Of Cancer and Ischemic Heart Disease, Gofman, op. cit., p. 45.
14. Ibid., p. 7.
15. Ibid., p. 17.
16. Ibid., p. 20.
17. "Medicine Mum on Mammography: Do the Math--Think Thermography," 10-23-00, AlternativeMedicine.com.
18. "Avoidable Causes of Breast Cancer May Include Mammography," 2-3-02 Rense.com. See also "The Major Cause of Cancer" 4-13-00, http://www.rachel.org/. Search http://www.ejnet.org/rachel/ for this three part series.
19. Preventing Breast Cancer, John, W. Gofman (edited by Egan O'Connor), San Francisco: Committee for Nuclear Responsibility, second edition, 1996 ISBN 0-932682-96-0; also "Mammography Enters the Depths of Deceit," Barry Lines, http://www.mercola.com/. 5-16-01. Also search http://www.mercola.com/ for mammography.
20. Radiation from Medical Procedures in the Pathogenesis Of Cancer and Ischemic Heart Disease, Gofman, op. cit., p. 52.
21. "New Statistics Show Increase, Not Decline in Cancer Rates," Sharon Begley, Wall Street Journal, 10-16-02.
22. "Escalating Incidence of Childhood Cancer Ignored," Environment News Service, 5-9-02; also National Cancer Institute Press Release, News From the NIC, 5-14-02.
23. The Lancet, December 23, 2000;356; also "Frequent Flying May Cause Chromosomal Damage and Cancer," http://www.mercola.com/; also "Miscarriage Rates Excessive Among Working Flight Attendants," Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 1998;40:210-216.
24. Radiation from Medical Procedures in the Pathogenesis Of Cancer and Ischemic Heart Disease, John W. Gofman, op. cit. p.1. An excellent summary of Dr. Gofman's findings on radiation and heart disease is: "X-rays, Cancer and Heart Disease," April 7, 2001 at http://www.mercola.com/2001/apr/7/index.htm
25. "Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer May Damage the Heart," Reuters Health, 5-21-00; Source: The Lancet 2000;355:1739-1740,1757-1770.
26. See Dr. Mercola's article "X-rays, Cancer and Heart Disease," 4-7-01 at http://www.mercola.com/2001/apr/7/index.htm
27. "There's No Place To Hide," Lakshmi Sandhana, 8-26-02, wired.com.
28. "Future Tech: Beyond X-ray Vision: Can Big Brother See Right Through Your Clothes?", Ivan Amata, op. cit.
29. Cellular Telephone Russian Roulette, Robert Kane, Vantage Press, 2001. Order from 1-800-882-3273. Excellent documentation on known biological hazards of various radio frequencies.
30. Cell Phones, Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age, Dr. George Carlo, Carroll & Graf Publishers. 2001. Also: http://www.rense.com/general33/braibc.htm
31."Ultrasound Scans 'May Harm' Unborn Babies," Robert Uhlig, London Telegraph, 6-10-99.
32. "Ultrasound Linked to Brain Damage," Robert Matthews, Sunday Telegraph, U.K., 12-10-0101; also "Ultrasound Scans Linked to Brain Damage in Babies," 12-19-01 at http://www.mercola.com/2002/index.htm
33. This statistic comes from the National Research Council of the National Academy of Science Institute of Medicine. Find details at www.rense.com/general24/shock.htm
34. All Fall Down, The Politics of Terror and Mass Persuasion, 2002, http://www.willthomas.net/; ' also "Air Force Officer Disciplined for Saying Bush Allowed September 11 Attacks," Jerry Issacs, http://www.sumeria.net/, 6-21-03; also "Mr. Cheney's Cover Story," emperors-clothes.com, 11-20-01; also "Were Stand-Down Intercept Orders Given on Morning of 9-11?" www.rense.com/general17/werestanddown.htm.
35. "Exposing NORAD's Wag the 911 Window Dressing Tale Using NORAD's OWN Press Release and Fifth Grade Math, Mark Elsis: http://StandDown.net/
36. "Bush Caught In Lie About WTC Attacks," WhatReallyHappened.com, 5-21-02: This release contains the CNN transcript of Bush lying about seeing on TV a jet hit the first tower minutes after the event, even though it would have been technically impossible for him to have done so; also "Bush slip Raises Questions About Knowledge of 911 Attacks," 12-6-01: WhatReallyHappened.com. Compare Bush's false statements with the chronological news reports outlined in "An Interesting Day," http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/main/essayaninterestingday.html
37. "Byrd Shreds Bush Over Iraq Lies, Coverups," Senator Robert Byrd, Senate Floor Remarks, 6-24-03, Rense.com; Also "Is Lying About The Reason For a War an Impeachable Offense?" John W. Dean, CNN.com, 6-6-03. See also Time Magazine, July 21, 2003 with cover titled "Untruth and Consequences"; also "The Ignoble Liars behind Bush's Deadly Iraq War," Intelligence Executive Review, 4-18-03; As reported by the New York Times on 7-9-03 in "Wrestling for the Truth of 9-11," the federal commission investigating 9-11 issued a statement on July 8, 2003, complaining of intimidation and stonewalling by Bush administration.
38. Emerging Viruses: AIDS and Ebola, Leonard G. Horowitz, Tetrahedron, Inc., 1996; also Clouds of Secrecy, Leonard A. Cole, Rowman and Littlefield, N.Y., 1996; also Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism and Toxic Warfare, Leonard G. Horowitz, Tetrahedron Publishing Group, 2001. Dr. Horowitz's documented research on U.S. government-funded genocide projects can be ordered from; 1 800-336-9266; also The Brucellosis Triangle, Donald W. Scott, Chelmsford Publishers, Sudbury, 1998, ISBN 0-9692622-3-X. Scott's research on government-engineered mycoplasma is a must-read for Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia sufferers. Order from: Common Cause Medical Research Foundation, 190 Mountain St., Suite 405, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada P3B4G2 (705) 670-0180.
39. Undue Risk, Secret State Experiments On Humans, Jonathan D. Moreno, W. H Freeman and Co., N.Y., 1999. Moreno was senior staff member of the federally appointed Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments, which completed its research in 1995.
Home - Current Edition
Advertising Rate Sheet
About the Idaho Observer
Some recent articles
Some older articles
Why we're here
Corrections and Clarifications
Vaccination Liberation - vaclib.org
The Idaho Observer
P.O. Box 457
Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869